- We visited 2 more villages this day & talked about water wells. The first village of Kagoma had two broken wells & we got to sit in on a meeting with the village & Kibo about a plan to get the wells working again. The second village we saw was Waliio, where we were able to be there as they put the finishing touches on a well & started pumping water.
- It was this morning that I discovered that I have a mango allergy. (Which explained my illness from Sunday’s church service-we had also eaten fresh mangoes with our breakfast that morning.)
- We got to spend a few hours at The Source Cafe
- We drove about 4 hours east to Mt. Elgon, near the border of Kenya. Mt. Elgon is where the coffee that The Source Cafe uses comes from.
- On the way there several things happened:
- Bobby’s Landrover overheated. Nothing a little water & manpower couldn’t fix though…
- One of the lodges we had booked for the night had canceled our reservation
- We had arrived later than we planned, and were not entirely sure that the lodge we did still have a reservation for would still have any food to serve us. (They were up on the mountain, and the food all comes from down below.)
- We got to visit a coffee farm & see a processing facility that is working with coffee, maize (corn), & barley farmers in the area.
- Ben took a harrowing trip to look for a coffee research facility that afternoon (I stayed at the lodge) & ended up with what sounds like a terrifying ride, sliding in the mud alittletooclose to some cliffs. The pictures look cool though!