Well, yesterday was my last day at my internship site. It was a bittersweet day…I was really excited to be finishing up my internship hours, but I was sad because I’ve grown pretty attached to these students I’ve been working with. It feels good to know that I am really almost done with this degree. *sigh* It’s been a long time coming.
I feel like summarizing some more…so here you go:
- Total years in the program: 4 years, 7 months
- Total classes taken: 18
- Total semesters of Internship: 5
- Total Internship sites: 5
- Total face-to-face clinical hours completed: 500 (plus a few)
- Hours spent writing papers/reading textbooks: countless (and probably not as many as I could have spent on them.)
- Things I’ve learned about myself: amazing amounts
- Number of people who I’ve met during all of this that challenged me & made me think about things: wonderful amounts
- A husband who has been amazingly supportive through the whole thing: check
- A Savior who reminds me every day that these are HIS people & I am merely a vessel to offer hope: check.
I’ll try to share some more thoughts on things I’ve learned through this whole process, but I wanted to share this exciting news right away.